_

_

Monday, 24 October 2016

Between the Ears Contest!

I am SO excited about this contest!!!  In total there are 36 (!) pairs to identify. Wow!  I posted info about the prizes last night check out the post - here. :)


These are the ears you are looking for:


Jampy, Romey and Rio - submitted by Stacie S. of Amateur at Large

Ramone & Cosmo - submitted by L. Williams of Viva Carlos

Cosmo - submitted by Carey of Me Jump Pretty One Day (so for sure at least two pairs of Cosmo ears!)

Dreamy & Snappy - submitted by Elizabeth of Clover Ledge Farm

Copper & Paige - submitted by Sarah of A Soft Spot for Stars

Dee & William - submitted by Renate of Grain Before Groceries

Stinker - submitted by Teresa of Eventing Saddlebred Style

Sundance - submitted by Emma of Walk, Trot, Canter and Banter

Griffin - submitted by Liz S. of In Omnia Paratus 

Bobby - submitted by Carly of Poor Woman Showing

Whinney - submitted by Lola of The Green Horse Blog

Frosty - submitted by Christa R. of Trail Horses of a Different Color

Bridget - submitted by T of Oh Gingersnap!

Savvy - submitted by Wendy of Horse-Crazy Mom

Estella - submitted by Emily R. of The Exquisite Equine

Iggy - submitted by Katherine W. of Rodney's Saga

Georgie - submitted by Nadia of 3day Adventures With Horses 

Kachina - submitted by Sarah O of Autonomous Dressage

Carmen - submitted by Teresa of Journey with a Dancing Horse

Charlie - submitted by Emma of 'Fraidy Cat Eventing

O & DeeDee - submitted by Genny of A Gift Horse

Henry #1 (as my Henry's ears are here too) - submitted by Karly of All In

My herd is all here (Henry #2, Apollo and Mystic) :)



*Reminder: There are a few duplicates (ears that appear more than once, just to mess with you mwhaha)*


Thank you so much to everyone who submitted between the ears photos!  I had some trouble with my hotmail acting up so I apologize if any ears were missed (but I am like 99% sure I got 'em all). Please let me know if I made any typos or errors! :)


You can enter by commenting on this post or by e-mailing to my other (non-lousy hotmail) e-mail account which is kateroseduncan (at) gmail (dot) com.  

I have set my comments to "moderated" for this post and I won't approve any comments until the contest is over.  I know a lot of people who submitted ear photos will be guessing and showing the comments (ie N&Q- are my horse etc) would reveal some pony identities!  

Just to be clear - you don't need to have submitted ears to play along, everyone is welcome to take a stab at guessing! :)


Here we go....!

















































Good luck to everyone participating!  Guesses will be accepted until midnight on October 28th. Results will be announced on October 29th :)

26 comments:

  1. do we email our guesses? I probably should remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you can either e-mail them to me at kateroseduncan(at) Gmail (dot) com or you can comment on this post. I just wont' be publishing any of the comments with guesses in them until the contest is over :) Just in case some clues are given away by the guessers!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to start guessing. This will be much more fun than the work I should be doing hahaha!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Should be a pretty good challenge, 36 pairs of ears is a lot! :)

      Delete
  3. Omg I'm gonna have to sit down and study this!!! Great contest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah as I was putting it together I was like...holy crap this is gonna be hard!

      Delete
  4. HOLY COW THIS IS SO MUCH HARDER THAN I WAS ANTICIPATING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! My brain almost exploded trying to keep everyone straight haha

      Delete
  5. WOW, I'm gonna have to take some time and figure this all out. GREAT idea for a contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's super hard right? Blogger brains will be tired this week :P

      Delete
  6. Oh man, this is so hard. I didn't want to submit a Nilla ears picture because it would have been way too easy, but now I feel like it would have been nice to have an easy answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! There are few sort of easier ones but really they are pretty tough. Next time around we will definitely need some mule ears :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! There are sooooo many bays and chestnuts. I think I would be struggling if it was face shots. This is going to be tough and require lots of stalking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there are definitely a lot of horses who look nothing alike but have a similar ear view! Very challenging for sure :)

      Delete
  8. Oh no, did my entry not make it in? I sent it in last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm so sorry :( I haven't seen it, but my e-mail was doing some weird things (moving some of my inbox things into other old folders). I will still enter you for the random draw for people who submitted photos. Darn technology :(

      Delete
  9. Wow, way harder than I thought. I guessed for a quite a few because I had no idea. Also, yay for more blogs to follow!

    A-Frosty
    B-Savvy
    C-Henry #1
    D- Totally stumped, can't even come up with a decent guess
    E-Georgie
    F-Carmen
    G-Griffin
    H-Gerorgie
    I-Kachina
    J-Charlie
    K-Iggy
    L-Jampy
    M-Ramone
    N-Estella
    O-Romey
    P-Dee
    Q-Dee
    R-Bridget
    S-Dreamy
    T-Whinney
    U-Rio
    V-Bobby
    W-Dreamy
    X-O
    Y- Y is like the kid picked last in gym class, but then is totally forgotten about
    Z-Snappy
    1-Sundance
    2-Paige
    3-Cosmo
    4-Cosmo
    5-William
    6-Copper
    7-Stinker
    8-DeeDee
    9-Mystic
    10-Henry #2
    11-Apollo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So in my normal overachiever way I started to troll though blogs and try to see if I could get a hint from the location/colour of ears etc. I quickly realized that a) this was obsessive and probably creepy B) going to take far too much time and C) I REALLY need to lighten up. So here are my best guesses and let the chips fall where they may (at least I may win the random draw!):

    A. Frosty
    B. Savvy
    C Cosmos
    D
    E
    F Griffin
    G Carmen (that was easy)
    H Georgie
    I Appollo
    J Bobby
    K Iggy
    L Snappy
    M Rio
    N DeeDee
    O Ramone
    P Dee
    Q Bridget
    R O
    S Estella
    T Whinny
    U Jampy
    V henry 2
    W
    X
    Y
    Z Paige
    1 Sundane
    2
    3 Copper
    4 William
    5 Henry 1
    6
    7. Stinker
    8 Charlie
    9 Kachina
    10 Mystic
    11

    I know I have blanks but that's the best I could do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I know two of my horses photos, but even I am not sure which is which... I'm gonna have to sit down and work on this one at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your's were impossible to figure out! I just ended up randomly guessing for your 3

      Delete
    2. Hahah! Yeah Stacie yours were seriously the toughest ones I think :P

      Delete
  12. G is Carmen M is Ramone??

    And of course I know my own horse so I won't guess him haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, here goes:
    A - Frosty
    B - Savvy
    C - Henry #1
    D - Mystic
    E - Georgie
    F - Griffin
    G - Carmen
    H - Georgie
    I - Kachina
    J- Jampy
    K - Iggy
    L - Rio
    M - Carlos
    N - Estella
    O - Romey
    P - Apollo
    Q - Henry #2
    R - Dee
    S - Dreamy
    T - Whinny
    U - Bridget
    V - Bobby
    W - Dreamy
    X - Charlie
    Z - Snappy
    1 - Sundance
    2 - Paige
    3 - Cosmo
    4 - Cosmo (Whoops, I think I messed up with the same horse in a row....! LOL)
    5 - William
    6 - Copper
    7 - Stinker
    8 - DeeDee
    9 - Bobby (if that's not Bobby being a derp, I will eat my hat haha!)
    10 - Olive (O)
    11 - Apollo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is my best shot. I have zero confidence about this...

    Horse Blog Rider
    U Jampy Amateur at Large Stacie S
    N/V Romey Amateur at Large Stacie S
    Q Rio Amateur at Large Stacie S
    M Ramone Viva Carlos L Williams
    3 Cosmo Viva Carlos L Williams
    4 Cosmo Me Jump Pretty One Day Carey
    W Dreamy Clover Ledge Farm Elizabeth
    S Snappy Clover Ledge Farm Elizabeth
    6 Copper A Soft Spot For Stars Sarah
    2 Paige A Soft Spot For Stars Sarah
    P Dee Grain Before Groceries Renate
    5 William Grain Before Groceries Renate
    7 Stinker Me Me
    1 Sundance Walk, Trot, Canter and Banter Emma
    G Griffin In Omina Paratus Liz S
    Z Bobby Poor Woman Showing Carly
    T Winney The Green Horse Blog Lola
    A Frosty Trail Horses of a Different Color Christa R.
    R Bridget Oh Gingersnap T
    B Savvy Horse-Crazy Mom Wendy
    L/O Estella The Exquisite Equine Emily R
    K Iggy Rodney's Saga Katherine W
    E/H Georgie 3day Adventures With Horses Nadia
    I Kachina Autonomous Dressage Sarah O
    D/F Carmen Journey with a Dancing Horse Teresa
    J Charlie Fraidy Cat Eventing Emma
    X O A Gift Horse Genny
    8 DeeDee A Gift Horse Genny
    C Henry #1 All In Karly
    10 Henry #2 Peace And Carrots Kate
    11 Apollo Peace And Carrots Kate
    9 Mystic Peace And Carrots Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whew, that was tough. I was almost done, using process of elimination, when I realized some horses are pictured twice. Then it got SO MUCH harder. Fun game though, really fun.
    A Henry #2
    B Savvy
    C Henry #1
    D Paige
    E Georgie
    F Carmen
    G Griffin
    H Georgie
    I Kachina
    J Charlie
    K Snappy
    L Jampy
    M Ramone
    N Estella
    O Ramone
    P Dee
    Q Dreamy
    R Bridget
    S Snappy
    T Whinney
    U Estella
    V Bobby
    W Bobby
    X O
    Z Iggy
    1 Sundance
    2 Paige
    3 Cosmo
    4 Cosmo
    5 William
    6 Copper
    7 Stinker
    8 Deedee
    9 Mystic
    10 Frosty
    11 Apollo

    ReplyDelete
  16. A William
    B savvy
    C stinker
    D Whitney
    E Georgie
    F Romney
    G Griffin
    H Georgie
    I Apollo
    J Charlie
    K iggy
    L dee dee
    M ramone
    N Bobby
    O O
    P dee
    Q rio
    R Bridget
    S dreamy
    T
    U estrella
    V frosty
    W jumpy
    X rio
    Y
    Z
    1 sundance
    2 Paige
    3 cosmo
    4 cosmo
    5 copper
    6
    7 Henry 1
    8 Henry 2
    9 kachina
    10 mystic
    11

    I ran out of time...apologies to everyone where I put random names to random ears :)

    ReplyDelete