_

_

Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Bright Spots

I seem to have hit a pretty serious run of bad luck in the last few months. 

To quickly summarize… water heater leaking/breaking, cat emergency vet visit, truck transmission blowing, condo board drama X 1 million, Apollo training stress, three flying departures from Henry (with the most recent resulting in a broken nose), car accident, uncatchable Apollo after returning from training, and just the general stress of selling/buying real estate.

It ain’t good.

But ain’t all bad either! :)

I’ve had some cool things happen in the last few weeks that have brightened up my slightly gloomy demeanor.


First off a few weeks ago I got to meet the lovely SarahO from Autonomous Dressage!




Yay blog friend!




We had fun dressage simulator lesson on Friday evening and went for dinner on Sunday.  It was so great to meet her and chat horse.  I don't have a ton of horsey friends IRL and it was so fun to meet up with a fellow blogger.  I learned a ton from the dressage simulator lesson and am hoping to incorporate more in the future.


She is such a pro on the horse robot :)  




I kept kicking him haha #horserobotfail




I also got a lovely package of good from L. as my prize for winning this contest.  This hand lotion is spectacular!  Lots of great goodies :)  Getting some happy mail instead of angry bills or condo board crap made my entire week.  Thank you so much L.!



<3!!!


I spent last Saturday afternoon shopping with a girl I ride with at Coach D’s.  We hit up Greenhawk’s bucket sale and the Tack Collector.  It was such a fun day.  I got some great deals on swat, flyspray and a cute new aerion t-shirt.




I also got to sit in a few saddles at the Tack Collector that I have in mind for Mystic.  I heard angels sing when I sat in this Black Country saddle.   When I get the insurance money from my car it will be coming home for a trial. :D  #adultdecisions #somature





I also got to watch SarahO and Kachina rock their dressage test last weekend!  Kachina is so fancy and they make a great team.  :)




I had my first ride post-nasal fracture on Mystic on Monday evening.  She was a complete rock star.  A deer jumped out of the bushes right in front of her and she barely flinched.  Excited to get a proper saddle for her soon!





I have some Henry/Apollo game plans to discuss shortly. Hopefully things are on the upswing now :)


31 comments:

  1. Sounds like a rough patch 😔 but I'm glad you are still moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it has not been a fun time haha! Hopefully it's upwards from here :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man, that sounds like a rough few weeks, but I'm glad that you had some good times, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have definitely been some fun moments too! :) But yeah kind of weird rough spot.

      Delete
  3. Glad there was a silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool to meet Sarah! glad things are feeling more positive lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Things seem to be trending to the positive now :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad there are so many good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of happy things for sure :)

      Delete
  6. I love how you always have a positive outlook. Those are some bright spots indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been tested quite a bit lately :( Hopefully things are trending positive now :)

      Delete
  7. I'm glad there's been some bright spots for you! That simulator looks so cool! And yay for blogger meet ups!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Yeah the simulator and meeting SarahO were both great :D

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Such a bright spot! :D thank you!

      Delete
  9. You're due for a good upswing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would be so curios to try one of those robot horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are safer than the real thing (especially lately for me haha!) :)

      Delete
  11. Aw, Mystic sounds like such a good horse! I think you have had enough bad for while so hopefully good keeps coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty awesome! Hopefully I sorted through my bad luck for 2017 already haha

      Delete
  12. It was great meeting you both times! Good luck with all things house, car and horse related!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was awesome! :D Thanks for luck *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  13. A robot horse lesson. Hmmm. That's a new one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Apollo after returning from training .."

    Not wonderful, but does confirm your opinion that weird sh*t was going on. #horsesdontlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah totally my feeling that RK was not a good match for him at all. Which is a bit sad/frustrating but we can work through it :)

      Delete
  15. Ooh, a robot horse! That would be fun to try. I hope things continue on an upswing for you.

    ReplyDelete